Get Involved with SGA
SGA prides itself in being the voice of the student body. Our hope is that each student is represented through SGA and has the opportunity to contribute in some capacity. There are many ways to get involved in Student Government:
- First year students can apply to be a part of our Task Force Freshmen or Freshmen LEAD programs. These groups foster leadership skills by preparing students for roles in student government and getting them involved in community service.
- Get involved in a student council through your college and have a direct impact on events and initiatives that affect students like you.
- Apply to be a member of Cards in Action, UofL’s student lobbying group that travels to Frankfort to meet with state legislators in order to initiate policy change.
- Attend political speaking engagements on campus to learn about the current political climate on and around UofL’s campus.
- Volunteer through the Engage Lead Serve Board.
- Attend an event or program put on by the Student Activities Board.
- Apply to serve on a committee through SAB or ELSB to help plan events and initiatives.
- All students have the opportunity to run in the General Election for a position in the Student Senate, Top Four, or to be the President or Vice President of their college.
- All Senate meetings are live streamed on the SGA Facebook page and are also open to the public. Stop in to hear recent legislation and updates on general SGA affairs.